Thursday 31 March 2011

Evaluation question 6

In production of my film I have advanced in technique and capability of the skills I learnt in the preliminary task.  Because I shot the entire film I have learnt how use of different angles and shots can create intimidation, supiriority, inferiority and many other moods, atmospheres and portrayals.  In filming I learnt how expression can be captured better with close ups and other more metaphorical meanings can be created by contrasting shots.  I used high angle shots to make Tom appear as if overwhelmed by his environment.

I have also used Low angle shots on both the biker and George to portray them as powerful figures.
[biker LA screenshot]
I have used the 180 degree rule which I learnt from my preliminary task in the moment of conversation in my film.

In use of the camera I learnt how to change focus on the camera, how to use a tripod efficiently and how to shoot more steadily without a tripod.
As I edited the majority of the film I learnt how, with software I could cut lengths of film, use transitions between shots for example dissolves and fades and change the speed of which a piece of footage is played.

In producing the soundtrack which I wrote myself and played/recorded with my brother (on bass guitar) and my friend (on drums) with me playing electric guitar.  This I recorded using Cubase 5 and recording my guitar with a microphone put to the amplifier, pluging my brothers bass guitar straight into the computer using effects from plug ins and recording the drums with a line in from his electric drum kit straight onto cubase.  I imported my thriller video onto Cubase in order to get the timing of the music in correct relation to the video and diagetic sound itself.  In doing this I learnt how to use Cubase and how to record using microphones and how to mixdown audio and export it.  Also how to import video files onto Cubase.  This soundtrack I then put onto Adobe Premier Elements 7 with my film and then I had my finished product which I then added titles to using Elements 7.

In research of the Thriller genre etc I used websites such as IMDB to find demographics of relevant films and general information about funding and production for example. In planning I used YouTube to find openings/relevant scenes that I thought would be relevant to the production of my Thriller.  I have used the internet to distribute my film by uploading it to YouTube and embedding it onto my blog.  I have also shared it on Facebook to gain feedback.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you comment on how internet and blog was used in research and planning stages - also how have you used the internet to distribute your film and achieve audience feedback?

    ReplyDelete